Getting an ultrasound can be an important next step in evaluating all your pregnancy options.
At Open Arms Pregnancy Center, limited obstetrical ultrasounds are performed to:
- Confirm pregnancy location
- Detect fetal heartbeat
- Determine estimated fetal age
- Determine estimated due date
The ultrasound examination will not diagnose gender or abnormalities.
Preparing for your visit
- Remember to drink enough water - one hour before your appointment you should empty your bladder, and then drink 20 ounces of water. Do not empty your bladder again until you have been instructed to.
- Your appointment will range between 45 and 90 minutes
- If you have little ones, please get child care or bring someone to help watch them during your visit.
- Your support person, whether it be a significant other, friend, or family member, is welcome to come with you to your appointment,
- If you are less than twelve (12) weeks pregnant, your exam will include both an abdominal and transvaginal ultrasound exam.
Note: We cannot guarantee an ultrasound. The medical staff determines if a patient qualifies for this service.
ALL SERVICES ARE FREE AND CONFIDENTIAL
We provide hospital-grade pregnancy tests with immediate results.
We provide ultrasounds for women who have had a positive pregnancy test at our center.
We provide education about all of your pregnancy options with a trained Client Advocate.
We are here for you and can help you find the resources you may need.